The Chris Nedelcovych Soccer Foundation is designed to assist young soccer coaches in pursuing their coaching education. The candidates should be between 18 and 23 possess a reasonable playing ability and have a sincere interest in learning more about the coaching process. To be considered for a scholarship, the candidate and a sponsor should complete the following questions and send as a Word Document to firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective July 1, 2011, the CNSF will only be awarding scholarships to US Soccer and US Youth Soccer licensing courses.
Questions and comments for the sponsor:
1) How long have you known the candidate and in what capacity?
2) Assessment of the candidates desire and ability to develop as a coach.
3) List any significant contributions made to the club, coaching, and/or to youth soccer.
4) Other pertinent information to the scholarship application.
Questions for the candidate:
1) Why is coaching education important to you?
2) Why are you interested in coaching?
3) What are some of the problems facing young coaches?
4) How can you improve yourself as a coach?
Please insure that the candidates application and sponsors recommendation includes a mailing address, candidates DOB, phone numbers and e-mail contacts. Also, include the dates and activity that the scholarship request is for, i.e. July 2-7, US Youth Soccer National Youth License, Frisco, Texas.